There is so much to do in the Brainerd Lakes area in the fall. Join us for fall family fun in the Nisswa and Pequot Lakes Area.
Fall Festival and Smokin Hot BBQ in Nisswa, Copper Creek Fall Festival Days
Great weekend for fall leaves, Copper Creek Fall Festival Days
Great weekend for Fall leaves, Copper Creek Fall Festival Days
Nisswa Christmas Home Tour Oct 19-20
Plan Ahead for the Nisswa City of Lights this is one event that you don’t want to miss
Looking for more autumn activities to do while staying with us at Wilderness Point Resort? Look no further! We’ve put together ’10 Autumn Activities to Consider’. Read below and let us know how you choose to spend your time in nature this fall the next time you visit!
1. Fall Fishing
All year long the Middle Cullen Lake offers great multi-species fishing action.
2. Fall Colors
Whether on the water, or in the woods, the changing colors of the Brainerd Lakes Area make for a wonderful fall color tour. Here are some ideas for scenic tours:
- Boating on Middle Cullen Lake.
- Paddling around the Cullen Lakes Chain in your kayak, canoe, or paddle board.
- Exploring the Paul Bunyan Trail by bicycle or on foot. This Rail Trail has a gentle grade and there is access to it from multiple points along its 100-mile span.
- Mountain biking the red dirt of the Cuyuna Lakes Area. Located just 10 miles east of Brainerd, Cuyuna has world-class mountain biking trails developed around reclaimed mine pits with amazing scenery.
- Ziplining at Brainerd Zipline Tour is the most unique way to experience the fall colors. It is a 2.5-hour guided tour with seven zip lines, a suspended sky bridge, and an optional 50-foot free fall jump.
The Brainerd Area offers a variety of hunting opportunities in the fall like turkey, bear and deer, but we recommend grouse hunting. With ample state forests, wildlife management areas, and public county land available to hunters there are plenty of opportunities to hunt. For those who want a guided trip there are hunting clubs here to help. The Brainerd Area draws people from all over the world for grouse and woodcock hunting.
4. Birding Tours
Bird watching and bird tours are a great way to get out and enjoy the natural beauty of the Brainerd Lakes Area. Add the fall colors, cooler temperatures, and fewer bugs and it is an activity that most will certainly enjoy. Our local birding tour guide will ensure that you get to the right spots at the right time to see the wonderful variety of birds in the area during the fall migration. Check out the weekly Brainerd Birding Report for sightings and tips.
5. Visiting Pumpkin Patches and Apple Orchards
Is there anything that says autumn more than pumpkin patches and apple orchards? There are a few places to visit within 10-30 minutes of Brainerd.
- Country Sunshine hosts a Fall Farm Market every Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. from Sept. 16 until Halloween. Find pumpkins, apples, mums and fall planters.
- Boysenberries Farm offers a greenhouse and pumpkin patch.
- Gilby’s Nursery and Orchard is a short drive to Aitkin, MN, but it is worth it.
- Copper Creek Fall Festival Days Sept. 16- Oct. 29 Hay Bale Maze, Corn Pit Sandbox, Kids Activities, Face Painting, Pumpkin Carving, Our Signature Painted Hay Bales, Fall Classes, Fall Shopping, Vendors, Pumpkins, Gourds, Cornstalks, and so much more!
6. Indoor Pool-Game room
Wilderness Point Resort has their own pool, come play some water volleyball, hang out in the hot tub or Sauna, throw some bags on the patio, and other family-friendly activities on-site. Wilderness Point Resort is the perfect weekend get away from the hustle and bustle of the school year routine. Make your plans to visit over Education Minnesota (formerly known as MEA) Weekend.
7. Craft Beer and Craft Cocktails
Fall is a very fun season in the craft beer and craft cocktail world. Oktoberfest inspired beers hit the taps of local breweries and apple, pumpkin and spice flavors inspire the craft cocktail glasses. Jack Pine Brewery in Baxter, MN, is a must do. This family-friendly tap room has a variety of beers on tap and an awesome line-up of fun music and activities to enjoy. 5Rocks Distilling Co. in Brainerd, MN, is a family-owned and -operated micro distillery. Small-batch vodka, gin and whiskey are their specialty and their menu of unique drinks is phenomenal. Roundhouse Brewery in Nisswa, Axe throwing with friends, live music. Enjoy a cold one at the Big Axe while shopping in Nisswa.
8. Art, Music and Theater
Music and theater events are available all year in Brainerd Lakes Area but fall and winter are especially well-programmed as people head indoors during the cooler seasons. Enjoy theater productions by the Central Lakes College Community Performing Arts Community (CLCPAC) or Stage North Theater; classical music by Heartland Symphony, Lakes Area Music Festival or Legacy Chorale; and contemporary music performances courtesy of CLCPAC. The Crossing Arts Alliance has several different exhibits a year and artist-oriented events. The Franklin Arts Center artists’ studios are an interesting place to explore as well.
9. Fall Events
From Oktoberfest at Jack Pine Brewery to racing at Brainerd International Raceway to craft fairs, there are many events to enjoy each fall in Brainerd Lakes Area.
10. Halloween Events
The bookend of fall is Halloween. There are several community Trick-or-Treating events to watch for but main events include the Haunted Trail at the Northland Arboretum, Haunted Hollows and Corn Maze at This Old Farm, and the family-friendly Spooktacular event Downtown Brainerd.
With so many great things to do in Brainerd Lakes Area, plan your trip today at Wilderness Point Resort for your Fall Getaway.